Junior Company Mission:
Performances May Include:
- Old Settler’s Parade
- O.N.E. Love Dance Convention
- Northern Lights Tree Lighting Festival*
- Holiday Showcase
- Dancemakers Inc.*
- A Chance to Dance Fundraiser*
All dancers are expected to attend and perform at all events. If a pre-scheduled event or illness does conflict with, or impede attendance, another dancer will be selected and/or understudies will be used accordingly. Jr. Company staff MUST be informed of the conflicts as soon as possible.
* All performances are subject to change and more may be added if scheduling allows.
Any additional events will be provided to parents in a timely manner.
- Enroll in and attend Junior Company Class.
- Enroll in and attend a Ballet and a Leaps and Turns class recommended for your skill level.
- Positively represent The Studio School of Dance and Junior Company at all times.
- Participate in all rehearsals, performances and additional events.
- Attendance at the rehearsal prior to a performance is required to perform.
- Be available to assist with registration, costume pick-up/picture days and any other leadership opportunities at The Studio.
- Respect The Studio staff, visiting artists and fellow Junior Company members at all times.
- Junior Company warm-ups need to be worn with tennis shoes unless told otherwise.
- Junior Company warm-ups include: Jr. Company leggings, Jr. Company t-shirt, Jr. Company jacket, tennis shoes, performance hair and make-up.
- Studio approved rehearsal attire includes: hair in a clean ballet bun and any combination of the following: plain black leotard, leggings, capris, jazz pants, tights and ballet skirts.
- All dance shoes need to be brought to all classes (ballet, jazz, pointe, etc.).
- Our year will be spent creating and developing a variety of pieces that highlight Junior Company’s technical strengths and abilities.
The Studio Staff Expectations
- Centralize all information through Google account
- Calendar of events
- Packing Lists
- Communicate to parents and dancers in advance of any potential changes or new opportunities
- Will work around school/team/family schedules and utilize dancers that can participate to the best of our abilities
- Dancers will be selected for pieces based on their strengths, abilities, in addition to the style and group size desired by the choreographer
- Placement. positioning and choreography of a piece is the vision of the choreographer and will not be questioned
- At the discretion of The Studio Staff, some choreography may not be used in any performances
Your Investment Includes:
- Registration and participation in all scheduled events
- Additional rehearsal expenses other than Junior Company class
- Guest/ artist/ choreographers
- Junior Company T-Shirt
Junior Company Fee for 2019-2020 – $200.00
One Payment: $200.00 Due on September 1st
Two Payments: $100.00 on September 1st and October 1st (These must be set up on auto pay)
Additional requirements not included in The Junior Company Fee:
- The Studio running shorts
- Junior Company warm-ups
- Junior Company Bag
- Nude leotard with interchangeable straps
- Black bike leotard
- Black, ankle-length leggings
- Black jazz pants
- Pink tights
- Nude tights
- Canvas ballet shoes
- Black jazz shoes
- Tan jazz shoes
- The Junior Company Make-up Set (The Studio will purchase half. Estimated cost $25 or less).
- 2 lipsticks/gloss
* We will order them as a group if we decide they are needed