To introduce the structure and commitment of a youth company centered around the love of the art of dance. We strive to positively lead by example and exude class, unity and strength. Company focuses on developing technique and abilities through exposure to a variety of people, places and experiences while participating in multiple competitions, conventions and performances.
Am I eligible for Company?
Company is by audition only for students 7th grade and up. Auditions are held the week after our spring dance recital.
Potential Performance Opportunities:
- Anthology Senior Living
- KC Dance Day
- Old Settlers Parade
- Groove Competition
- O.N.E. Love Dance Convention
- Winter Spectacular
- Lied Center Performance
- Dancemakers Inc. *
- Innovative Dance Choreography
- Groove Competition
- A Chance To Dance
- National Dance Week Kansas City
- Prestige Dance Tour
- Future Stages Festival
- Required Company Summer Classes will include Advanced Ballet, Power and Technique, and Company Rehearsal.
- The required Company Fall Enrollment classes are Ballet and Leaps and Turns and one other class.
- Attendance at the rehearsals prior to a performance is required to perform.
- Excessive absences (6 per class) or tardies to classes will result in suspension from pieces and/or performance(s).
- Any uncommunicated absence for Company rehearsal is not allowed.
- If absence or tardy, from a rehearsal is unavoidable, dancers must inform the Company director one week prior to the date of absence.
- If absence from a rehearsal is unavoidable, dancers are expected to learn any new choreography before the next Company rehearsal.
- Every dancer is required to attend a minimum of one hour of studio time per week, in addition to Company rehearsal to focus on Company choreography. Studio hour is often the hour before Company rehearsal begins.
Skills To Practice
- Chaine Turns (High and Low)
- Pique turns
- Pirouettes ( turned in and out)
- Arabesque turns
- Coupe turns
- Fouette turns with double prep
- Second turns with double prep
- Pique turns into fouettes
- Lame duck into fouettes
- Pique turn into second turns
- Lame duck into second turns
- 3-4 Pirouettes
- Turns with knees attached
- Turns with leg lift
- Attitude turns
- Saut de chat
- Hitch kicks
- Saute Arabesque
- Russian leap
- Stag leaps
- C jumps
- Turning C Jumps
- Reverse leap
- Switch leaps
- Tour an lair
- Grand jete
- Grand assemble en tournant
- Grand rond de jambe en l’air
- Saut de basque
- Sissonne fermee
- Grande Sissonne ouvert
- Tow- en l’air
- Tour jete
- Scorpion leap/fire bird
- Jazz slides
- Jazz rolls/pretzel rolls
- Backward rolls (with and without layout)
- You will learn one across the floor pass via video. This video will sent out two days before audition day.
- The audition process will take place in person this year. The date will be announced via email through invitation only. The audition process will included learning a combination the day of to perform for the teachers.
What to wear for audition:
- Performance hair and makeup
- Dance shoes
- Plain black leotard
- Black leggings
Company Fees Include:
- Rehearsal expenses for the 12-Month season
- Guest artists/choreographer expense
- Group costumes are borrowed from The Studio Company’s Closet. All solo/duets/trios are welcome to borrow costumes with the permission of The Company Director. All costumes must be returned after performances to allow us time to clean.
Company Fee for 2022-2023 – $1,250
- One Payment – $1,250.00 Due on July 1st
- Two Payments – $625.00 Due on July 1st and December 1st
- Four Payments – $312.50 Due on July 1st, August 1st, October 1st, December 1st
Additional Requirements Not Included in Company Fee
- Travel, convention fees, performances if funds are not available
- Warm-up Company Jacket
- Company Bag
- The Studio Running Shorts